On June 1, 2022, the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania is pleased to announce a new payment option for the submission of pro hac vice fees to the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania.
This online payment is processed through Pay.gov and accepts all major credit cards including Visa, MasterCard, American Express (AMEX), and Discover. Pay.gov is operated by the U.S. Department of the Treasury and is a web-based application that allows users to make online payments to government agencies. The benefits of making payments online include faster turnaround time and accurate record trail of the payment processing.
Local Rule 2090-1 (b) Admission Pro Hac Vice contains a description of the requirements by this Court and should be reviewed first.
Two steps to making online Pro Hac Vice admission fee payments:
- (Skip this step if you already have access to file with the U.S. District Court CM/ECF system.)
Obtain filing access from the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania for the first time. More information can be located here:
- If you have filing access to the U.S. District Court CM/ECF system, sign on to CM/ECF here:
EDPA District Court CM/ECF Login
Please use the following steps to make payment after you have successfully log into the District Court CM/ECF system:
- Select “Civil” from the blue menu bar and then click “Other Documents” (Note: if you don’t see “Civil” on the blue menu bar, you are probably still in the Bankruptcy Court CM/ECF system.)
- Select “Bankruptcy – Pro Hac Vice Payment”
- Use case number: 23-LB-00003 (effective 01/01/23)
- Follow the rest of the on-screen instructions until the payment information is made. (For the document upload, please attach a copy of the Motion to Appear Pro Hac Vice.)
- Once payment is made, a confirmation email will be transmitted to the Bankruptcy Court.
- Save a copy of your Notice of Electronic Filing as proof of payment.
- The process is now complete.
For more detailed instructions, please refer to the document below: