The Electronic Case Files System (CM/ECF) is a new case management system being implemented
in the Federal Judiciary for all bankruptcy, district and appellate courts.
CM/ECF allows courts to accept filings and provide access to filed documents over the Internet.
- 24-hour access to case file documents over the Internet
- Ability to file pleadings electronically with the court
- Automatic email notice of case activity
- Ability to download and print documents directly from the court system
- Concurrent access to case files by multiple parties
- Savings in time and expenditures for attorneys
- Expanded search and reporting capabilities
- Easy to use -- based on Standard Internet browser
- No waiting in line or unavailable files at the courthouse
- Replaces aging electronic docketing and case management systems in all federal courts by 2005
- Is being used enthusiastically by attorneys in pilot courts nationwide
- No delays or added expenses associated with mail or courier services
- Speeds delivery and allows easier tracking of case activity
- Reduces physical storage space needs and document processing times
- Low start-up costs -- uses Internet standard software and established "PDF" format
- Secure and reliable
- Court dockets are immediately updated and available
Please click link to accesss CMECF https://ecf.paeb.uscourts.gov page.