Filing Fee: $335.00 Payable By: Attorneys may pay by check; money order; certified bank check; cash or credit card (Visa, Mastercard, American Express or Discover). Personal and Third Party Checks cannot be accepted. Pro-se debtors must make all payments in cash (exact amount) or money order made payable to “CLERK, U.S. BANKRUPTCY COURT.” Do NOT send cash through the mail.
If the debtor is an individual the fee may be:
Paid in installments. A signed application must be filed for the court’s approval Official Form 103A; or
Waived. The debtor must file a signed Official Form 103B: Application to have the Chapter 7 Filing Fee Waived and Schedules I and J for the court’s approval.
YOUR CASE MAY BE DISMISSED IF YOU DO NOT FILE THE REQUIRED DOCUMENTS ON TIME.
DOCUMENTS DUE AT TIME OF FILING OF BANKRUPTCY PETITION
- Voluntary Petition for Individuals Filing for Bankruptcy [Signed]
- Initial Statement About an Eviction Judgment Against You [if applicable] [Signed]
- Statement About Your Social Security Numbers
Certificate of Credit Counseling and Debt Repayment Plan (or certificate pursuant to 11 U.S.C. § 109(h)(3)
or a request pursuant to 11 U.S.C. § 109(h)(4))
- Creditor Matrix Pursuant to Local Bankruptcy Rule 1007-3 See Creditor Matrix Requirement
DOCUMENTS DUE WITHIN 14 DAYS
- Schedule A/B: Property
- Schedule C: The Property You Claim as Exempt
- Schedule D: Creditors Who Have Claims Secured By Property
- Schedule E/F: Creditors Who Have Unsecured Claims
- Schedule G: Executory Contracts and Unexpired Leases
- Schedule H: Your Codebtors
- Schedule I: Your Income
- Schedule J: Your Expenses
- Schedule J-2: Expenses for Separate Household of Debtor 2 [if applicable]
- Summary of Your Assets and Liabilities and Certain Statistical Information
- Declaration About an Individual Debtor’s Schedules
- Statement of Financial Affairs for Individuals Filing for Bankruptcy
- Chapter 7 Statement of Your Current Monthly Income and Means Test Calculation
- Statement of Exemption from Presumption of Abuse Under § 707(b)(2)
- Statement of Intention for Individuals Filing Under Chapter 7 *Due by 341 Meeting of Creditors
- Copies of Pay Statements received within 60 days of filing from any Employer or a statement indicating this requirement is not applicable [Show only last four digits of Social Security Number]
- Notice to Individual Debtor with Primarily Consumer Debts under 11 U.S.C. § 342(b), if applicable. Required if the debtor is an individual with primarily consumer debts. Certification that the notice has been given must be FILED with the petition or within 14 days. 11 U.S.C. §§ 342(b), 521(a)(1)(B)(iii), 707(a)(3). Part 7 of Official Form 101 contains spaces for the signature and certification.
- Personal Financial Management Course – Certificate must be filed with the court within 60 days after the first date set for the meeting of creditors under § 341 of the code in order to receive a discharge [Official Form 423] Individual ONLY.
YOU MAY ALSO NEED TO FILE:
If you paid a petition preparer or you are represented by an attorney
- Disclosure of Compensation of Attorney for Debtor. 11 U.S.C. § 329 and Fed.R.Bankr.P. 2016(b)
- Statement of Pro Se Debtor
- Bankruptcy Petition Preparer’s Notice, Declaration, and Signature
- Disclosure of Compensation of Bankruptcy Petition Preparer
- If certain documents are not filed within 45 days after the filing of the petition, your case may be automatically dismissed on the 46th day after the filing of the petition.
- If your case is dismissed, you might not receive the full protection of the automatic stay if you file additional cases within one year.
NOTE: This checklist should be used as an information source and not as legal advice. You could consult an attorney for individual advice.